Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Yummy...

I decided to make a fruit pizza today since I hadn't made one in years. It turned out really yummy!! It's a giant sugar cookie with cream cheese, jelly, and whatever fruits you want or are in season.


I've been really tired lately from all the hustle and bustle of the holidays, so I have had to lay around the house for the past couple of days. It gets really weird when your body just won't do anything...literally. It's even weird to try and describe. I saved up my energy yesterday and cooked dinner. I made some French recipes out of one of my hundreds of cookbooks (yes, I really do have a lot of cookbooks). I made an Eggplant and Tomato Casserole, Cauliflower gratin, and Provencal Tomatoes...yes it was a meatless dinner. They all turned out well. I have been pretty surpised at how easy the French recipes have been. I think French cooking often gets a bad reputation for being complicated and difficult to make, but in my experience thus far most of it really isn't that bad.

3 comments:

  1. ok jackie, I have you on my RSS so I will be instantly informed when you have posted on your new blog -- so keep it up -- and welcome to the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks good. I made one years ago when Richard Simmons Sweetie Pie book came out. There is some good stuff in there. I think the French cooking issue is more that it is usually some nasty thing that you scrape from your shoe. Like snail or brains. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fruit pizza looks really yummy! I might have to try and make one of those sometime.

    ReplyDelete