First of all, I have to tell this story because I think it is so hilarious. My mom is embarrassed by it, but I say good for her...the old bat had it coming. So as most everyone knows now, my dad was sleeping with his dead best friend's widow and eventually moved in with her about two years ago (though he couldn't understand why mom wanted a divorce because he didn't want one?!). My grandmother moved up from Old Town to Georgia to live with my aunt since she was old and getting feeble. I have never really liked her. She's never been particularly nice to me or my siblings and she never really accepted me since I was adopted and "not really her grand kid." She's a b**** basically and always has been. Gramps was a cranky, nasty, French (first generation American) drunk and he was never nice either. So anyhow, back to my story...my mother's ex-husband (as my siblings and I now refer to him) and his whore went up to Georgia to visit my grandmother this weekend for her birthday. My mother called her for her birthday today and after a while she started going on about how Linda was so nice to her and pleasant and my mother has gotten pretty adept at just blurting out what is on her mind, so she blurted out, "yeah, well she was nice to me too when she was f****** my husband." The Nana then hung up the phone. I think it was well deserved and it is about time she stood up for herself! She feels bad, but screw that...that old bag deserved it for prattling on about that stupid whore. :) I just thought it was pretty funny of my mother to blurt that out...maybe she's been hanging around me for too long! ;)
A friend and I drove down to Crystal River for a few hours today. I needed to get out of the house and I wanted a chance to really drive my car (it's definitely a gas guzzler...more so than the Nissan). I lived there for a little while when I was in third grade (I ignore anything prior to living in Chiefland...even though my parents and grandparents are pretty much Yankees...though mom was raised by a couple who have a house out this way, so she can be half not yankee...anyhow...I consider Chiefland my home) and it was pretty depressing then, but it's really depressing now. The mall sucks even worse than it used to. There was a furniture store in the mall I used to like along with a surf shop, but alas they are both gone.
I also ate at Chili's today, which brings back memories of my summer in Ann Arbor. In Ann Arbor there are no chain restaurants besides five Jimmy Johns, a Pot Belly's which gave me food poisioning the first day Jon got there, and I think Subway...not McDonalds anywhere...I think Mickey D's was in Ypsilanti...which is apparently pretty scary and crime heavy. There was a Sbarro out at the mall, which was a fifteen minute bus ride out past the stadium. A fifteen minute bus ride the other direction there was a semi-run down looking area that has a Whole Foods, Old Navy, Marshall's, and...A CHILI'S!!!! We had been eating Irish, Eastern European, Korean, Chinese, Ethiopian, and yankee food (their cole slaw tastes like sour kraut and their BBQ sauce tastes like chili) for about two and a half weeks...maybe three. But I want to go to Old Navy and buy a tank top to sleep in because it is so bloody hot. When we get off the bus at Old Navy...what do we see...A CHILI'S!!!!!! I've never been a big fan of Chili's before, but we were soooo happy to see normal food again!! Don't get me wrong, I love all of the aforementioned food, but I just wanted something for home...is a Cracker Barrel too much to ask for??!! We pigged out!! I ate an ENTIRE rack of ribs BY MYSELF!! We stuffed ourselves so much that we felt like we were going to be ill, but oh my gosh it was the best food ever at the time. Therefore, Chili's will always hold a special little place in my heart because of that summer in Ann Arbor, Michigan. And yes...yankee food is NASSSTTTYYYY. I went in Kroger's and smelled "fried chicken" and got very excited, so I made a beeline for the deli...I get there and it's this shriveled up pan fried nasty stuff. I'm telling ya'll...that crap is nasty!! If only they had that Chicken Fried song back then! Jon and I listened to a lot of country. :) The South is most definitely home for me!! I wanted to kiss the ground when we landed in Tampa...first stop...KFC!! It was the first fried chicken I saw!! :)
I'm going to watch the Steelers vs. Ravens playoff. I have some friends who are big Steelers fans (Go Bucs!), but Jarrett plays for the Ravens, so I'm cheering for them because it's someone I know and I would be happy for him...despite the fact that he sacked Jessie Palmer in the Swamp back when he played for Alabama...he's not a Gator foe now, so it's ok. ;) He was always nice kid back when we went to church together and he always worked hard at football for Chiefland, so I would like to see him make it to a Super Bowl if the Bucs can't go...and I don't think I have watched a Ravens game before.
No comments:
Post a Comment