Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Out With The Old And In With The New...

I've been feeling anxious for whatever reason today, so I figured I would post another blog. I guess I just get so bored and overwhelmed easily these days because I get so tired and I end up getting anxious.

I'm sad to see Wise's Drug Store in downtown Gainesville close. It's so neat having a 1950's esque lunch counter/soda fountain. I think it has been there for something like seventy years. I was able to get over there yesterday for a last lunch of chicken salad and a chocolate milkshake. It's sad to see yet another piece of history disappear.

I also stopped by the mall and as I was walking towards Gap I realized that The Limited is GONE! I didn't even know it was closing and now there is nothing left but carpet!! It's crazy...and now that I can actually wear the clothes respectively again!!! How disappointing! I looked it up online and apparently the Oaks Mall wants to go in another direction and didn't renew the leases for The Limited and Waldenbooks and that is why they are both out. I heard they were putting a bookstore in the old Lines and Things, but apparently that is just a rumor. However, the article did say what was going in the space that formerly housed The Limited...A Sephora!!! Yay!! It's going to be huge evidently and they also intend to keep the one in J.C. Penney's open as well. With a full Sephora though hopefully they will carry Nars and I won't have to order my favorite nail polish, lip gloss, and blush from the Internet. I still have nail polish and blush left from my purchases while in Michigan. I so wish we would get an H&M! The closest one to Florida is in D.C. I think, but I think they were opening one in Atlanta. Rumor has it that they are opening one in Orlando...one can hope. I seriously doubt Gainesville will be their first Florida H&M. :)

We are saying good bye to a piece of history, but today we are also making history as we watch Obama's inauguration. I was very glad to see Dubya go on his happy little way back to Texas. I was very happy to see Obama take office and also have the Democrats take back the White House. It's no secret that I am very political and have very strong views, so I'll just leave it at that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment