Saturday, January 10, 2009

Heart Failure Information...

OK...so apparently some people don't really understand that I am really pretty sick and could spontaneously die tomorrow or some such. My pulse runs really high (most of the time over 100) and that is really bad...it's kind of a galloping thing...and I don't always remember all of the technical things (I nearly failed physiological psychology...the brain was just way above my comprehension!). Anyhow, it's all tied together someone and if there is too much of an arrhythmia I could go into sudden cardiac arrest (have one of those fun little things called heart attacks...no I don't really mean its fun...sarcasm people). :) I ended up with heart failure from a virus (can come from bronchitis, cold, flu, etc...)...and that really sucks, but I don't think I really have to point that out. :-P

I can't believe I didn't catch it when I was googling symptoms (yes...I know...medical no no, but no one else could figure it out or really believed there was anything wrong with me in the beginning)...I had all of the classic symptoms for a really long time...shortness of breath, inability to sleep lying down, chronic fatigue (badly!!), swelling of the legs and ankles, sudden weight gain, nausea and vomiting eventually, and dry hacking cough. I googled some stuff and thought I would post some links.

http://www.mssm.edu/cvi/chf.shtml

http://www.kspr.com/features/medicalcheckup/15969952.html

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,356571,00.html#

http://www.pslgroup.com/dg/ec706.htm

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/cardio/archive/9534.html

and you can also read Pete's story at www.healthyheartmarket.com which reminds me that I need to order more sodium free relish and pickles!! :)

Yes...depressing, but I always say, do, or fail to be able to do something and people say, "wow! you really are sick!" Well, DUH!! I don't want to harp on it or anything, but some people just still don't understand the severity of my situation and why I get so tired all the time. Yes, I look normal again (well, as normal as I have ever looked) ;) but heart failure is on the inside...unless I eat too much salt and then it makes me puffy again.

1 comment:

  1. I thought that is what I had today, but they say it is just bronchitis. I had all the symptoms but swelling. I got a steroid shot, breathing treatment, antibotics and an inhaler. I think I am going for the guiness book record of most diseases in a two year period. I hope you are getting better

    ReplyDelete