Thursday, April 2, 2009

Decorating ideas?

Well, it's official...my mother signed the papers yesterday, so she bought the place. Ugh. I am so not excited, if you can't tell! It's fairly spacious (though I have nowhere near as much room as I have now...I'm going to be severely cramped!), but it's from the 70's and has ugly paneling and I hate hate hate paneling. It's one of my peeves...up there with slow drivers!


I'm having trouble deciding what to do with my room. I already have my bathroom planned. I have the second smaller bathroom, but I found a sink that I really love with a matching vanity. It's currently sitting in the living room because we are still cleaning the new place and getting all new flooring. I found a flooring for my bathroom that I LOVE! It is textured (it's from a spa line or something) and looks like bamboo!! It's great!! I'm going to paint the walls in the bathroom a light yellow (not pastel, but not bright in your face either).


Here's a picture of my sink cabinet:


I still don't know what to do with my room. It has the ugly dark paneling. I thought about making my own duvet cover and decorating around that, but by the time I buy all the fabric I may as well go buy a new comforter! It's a vicious cycle! I want something fresh and calming (I so need that!...along with some Grey Goose, but it's still in the cabinet...haven't read the restrictions of my new med yet, but I'm still supposed to "limit" whatever that means).
I thought about painting the room a citrus green, but I'm not sure how that would be. I've never been a big green fan and my family has never been a big fan of color...our houses tend to resemble a psych ward...everything WHITE WHITE WHITE. My mother has no imagination whatsoever...she still thinks the velvet tassled lamp shades from the 70's are still pretty and cool...I apparently have no taste. Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of retro, but there is a point where it's just plain tacky! I've always wanted to paint my room a bright blue, but wouldn't I get sick of it?! I don't know!! It's so hard!!!! I like the look of the tans and browns, but I'm trying to get away from the depressing colors that are already there. The carpet I am having put in is called "honey silk" so it's a tannish color...that way anything is going to work with it.
Anyone have any suggestions? I'm so at a loss. I thought about wallpaper, but it's expensive and there is so much to do that I want to try paint first...I can always wallpaper over it.
Anyone is free to come help fix up the place too! :) hehe So many people were, "oh! we'll come help" yadda yadda yadda...haven't seen them.
Packing has been very hard on me and I haven't done much yet. Getting tired so easily, sucks so very badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment