Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Moving cont'd...

I have started the packing. It hasn't been a whole lot. Yesterday I packed up my desk and a box of CD's and DVD's. Sadly, even taking a light box out to the living room to stack it made me short of breath. I don't know how I will get through it all and it doesn't help that I am not at all excited about it...it just depresses me more.

But, whatever...I'm not going to whine...I wouldn't want to bother someone by reminding them that I am not 100% and am still limited in what I can and can't do. I am getting really tired of people telling me how I should feel or act. I know it's not very healthy, but I'm getting to the point where I just don't want to talk to anyone and I would like to just pack up and move away from here. I can't take it anymore. I really need to just cut the negative, non-supportive, and bossy (that doesn't include my one friend who is bossy to everyone by nature) people out and not talk to them anymore. It's not good for me...I talk to them and then I am in a pissy mood for hours and get upset...which then leads to chest pains if I can't get control of it and calm down. I'm also getting to the point where I'm just so over everything that I don't care anymore and I just feel like getting rid of EVERYTHING. I am just so apathetic these days. I don't even care about shopping. I spent the entire day in Gainesville shopping on Sunday and all I bought was a CD that I didn't even know if I wanted to buy (I did want the CD...just didn't know if I wanted to buy it if that makes sense) with a gift card I got for my birthday.

Anyhow. I'm still not sure what to do with my room. I ordered a tan-ish carpet so it will go with whatever I choose. I think I want something cheerful (to help offset the oft-pissy mood). Something either slightly beachy/palm tree or with crisp, calming, and cheerful color. Those colors will also match my bathroom. My mother bought my sink/cabinet and vanity today. It's a light natural wood color and the doors are the slotted ones (think shutters)...it's very Tommy Bahama feel and I am getting a flooring for the bathroom that is slightly textured and looks like bamboo. I'm a little excited about the bathroom.

As I was looking at my apron fabric I got a good idea. I don't have the patience or a quilting machine to make myself a comforter, but what I can make in about an hour would be a duvet cover!! I could then have a couple of options that I could change out. I was actually thinking that my favorite apron fabric (the green paisley) would make a really pretty duvet and brighten up the room. I also found a pretty damask on Sunday that has a really pretty citrus green pattern on a white background. I don't know!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment