I picked paint colors! For the bathroom, I have chosen "Pineapple" which is a light yellow that will match the natural light wood of the sink cabinet and the bamboo flooring. I think I'm going to try to use bamboo for baseboards.
For the bedroom, I have chosen "Yacht Club Blue" (then I will go join the Cedar Key Yacht Club! Haha...for those of you not from here...there is no such thing...perhaps a redneck yacht club full of air boats!). It's a bright blue, but not dark or overly loud. I am going to put up some white crown moulding and then put white moulding around the windows. At Home Depot or Lowes I found non-expensive crown moulding that is made out of a PVC material instead of solid wood making it MUCH less expensive. It doesn't really look that much different either.
I hope it all comes together well. Ugh! So much work!!! Just the Wal-Mart trip to buy the paint and supplies wore me out! I have to go take a nap now before I have to go back out later for dinner. I NEED my energy and stamina back!! Grr!!
Happy Friday everyone!!
Sounds good! Crown moulding is a good idea. We have it in all the rooms in our house and I really like it.
ReplyDeleteSo do these rooms have themes of any kind?
ReplyDeleteYes...it's called "let's hide the ugly 70's paneling" and "make Jackie less likely to shoot herself in the head rather than live there." :) The bedroom is more of make it livable...it's going to be stacked from floor to ceiling anyhow because I don't have any room! The bathroom is a classy island kind of Tommy Bahama feel. I posted a pic of the sink. The floor is going to be a faux bamboo. I'm not going to do all matchy like mom does with matching border, soap dish, trash can, etc.
ReplyDelete