Sunday, August 30, 2009

Update for Beth's sake...haha

OK...so Beth wanted an update, so while I am waiting for Ashley to get off work I will give you one.

So my plane out of Gainesville was late on Thursday. They had some latch problem in Atlanta and had to get it fixed (there are a lot of things that need to be fixed on those planes lately?!). The pilot was quite a character. He introduced himself as Brian Wilson formerly of the Beach Boys and since we were running late already he said that we would ignore the fuel efficiency guidelines and "fly this plane like we stold it" and let me tell you...he did! However, I still ended up having to go to Los Angeles instead of Seattle. LAX was a horrible place! It looks like a dirty prison and the people were very mean (not the people on the plane just at the airport). At my gate there were no empty seats so I went to sit by the window...then some fat Mexican looking dude yelled at me and said, "you no sit here. you no going to fresno." I said there are no seats over there...so he just kept yelling, "No! You no sit here." Who the hell would want to go to Fresno (though anywhere else must be better than that nasty place) and what the hell difference does it make where you sit?! Stupid L.A. assholes.

The flight to Honolulu was decent. The flight was FULL and it was one of those three tiny seats on each side plane flights, but after they closed the door I did little cheers of joy in my head as the seat between me and an aloof Asian girl stayed empty. She was not very friendly and she continually brought out snacks from her bag...she even made instant grits on the plane! I was greeted by Chris and Ashley at baggage claim with a beautiful orchid lei, but then my luggage didn't show up. Strangely, I was very calm. I didn't even utter a single curse word! Soooooo not like me! I just said, ok whatever. It did turn up the next day (it went to Seattle...lucky damn bag!) and I was very happy. I think I probably would have gotten a little irate if it had taken longer to get it.

Ashley and I went to Waikiki yesterday. It was beautiful, but very hot. We walked a lot, but I gave out pretty quickly. It's probably just because I am still a little weak from being sick last week. There are some very strange people down there, but that is to be expected...and it's funny to watch them. We are going to the North Shore tomorrow! I'm excited about that! Chris is going too and we are going to go to the surf museum! I have this strange obsession with surfing even though I am terrified of sharks and rarely go swimming in open water. However, Ashley says that she is going to have Chris and his friend teach me to surf. Not so sure about that, but it's not every day that you are in Hawaii (unless of course you live here) and you only live once, so we'll see if I suck it up and try it out! :)

1 comment: