I am trying to get rid of stuff and clean out stuff I don't need, wear, doesn't fit, etc... During this process, I have come up with some reasons why you should do this regularly. Please feel free to add your own to the list.
In no particular order...
1. No one is going to want your crazy clothes from the 1990's (or 1980's)!! You start thinking...Man...what was I thinking??!! I actually wore that!
2. You are more acutely aware of the difference in the size of your clothes...the newer ones aren't that small...man...I think they shrink when they hang in the closet...I'm telling you...those buggers just hang there on that hanger and shrink up!!!
3. You start seriously questioning your ability to pick out your own clothing! Sequined/glittered sweaters??!! Flowered knee length gauzy skirts?? Blossom hats!!
4. It's not a month long process if you do it more than once a decade!!!
Ok...that's enough...it's too depressing!! Haha I seriously had clothes in my closet that I wore as far back as 9th grade...and no...I'm not going to tell you what year that was!! I seriously do not remember some of those clothes being that small!! I don't remember ever being small enough to fit in some of that...it had to have shrunk...that has to be it. How could I ever wear some of that stuff??!! Sadly, I find that some of it is coming back in style...I saw similar stuff to some of it in the most recent issue of InStyle magazine. I'm sorry, but I wore it once and I don't want to go back!! I'll stick with my jeans and black shirts thank you very much!!
I already gave away about 10 garbage bags of clothes and I still have about six boxes worth. Teresa and I are thinking of getting a booth at the flea market...she really wants me to get rid of more than I am...I don't dare let her in here or she'll get rid of EVERYTHING!! At this rate, I think I'm going to need two booths. I still have so much to go through and I already have the front room full of stuff!! I went through and put price stickers (I got pre-printed ones...they rock) on about half of the stuff...and of course the cat wanted to help!! He'll ignore me all day when I'm watching TV, but as soon as I start actually doing something he starts meowing and hugging all over me...he's male...that probably explains it. :-P
So...I've learned that it's less depressing to get rid of things in more of the Teresa fashion...about every other month. Haha
I guess I should attempt to sleep now since it's almost 2AM...
I think it was my former boss that said if you wore it the first time around you probably shouldn't wear it the second...
ReplyDelete